Friday, June 4, 2010

A Personal Prayer Request..not scrapbook related

You have all seen a post here and there about my sweet boy, Will. He has a rare brain malformation/condition called lissencephaly. He has had seizures since he was three months old and granted for the most part, we are use to it, it's just part of daily life with him. Five years ago we were blessed to have a surgery where he had a stimulator put in that helps reduce his seizures and also the recovery time after he does have one. Prior to the stimulator Will could have 20-100 seizures daily...quite a lot. Now if he has three in one day it's a lot...many days we have seizure free days. We knew in time the battery on the stimulator would give out and it would have to be replaced. Well today Will has had about 15+ seizures and I think he stimulator has stopped working. It never fails that it happens on a Friday night at the start of the weekend. I have been in touch with his Neurologist and he suggested just giving him his emergency seizures meds until Monday morning when we can get into his office. I realize that this is just part of being a parent to a special needs child and all in all, I'm very use to it.....but sometimes it can be a bit scary. If you would please just keep Will in your thoughts and prayers over the weekend, I would really be grateful. I just want him to have some peace this weekend and not get to worn out...just until Monday when he can be seen by his doctor.



Thank you so much to everyone and I promise to keep you all posted. Oh and here is a picture of my sweet boy on his special bike that he just love.

14 comments:

Patricia Mae said...

Lori I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers all weekend.
Big Hugs to all of you.
~Patricia

Melissa said...

Sending good thoughts your way for Will!!! I hope that the medication can keep things as calm as possible so that you can all make it through the weekend quickly and get into his doctor on Monday. Will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

I will keep him in my prayers Lori. How very hard this must be to watch.

Teresa said...

((Hugs)) to you and Will. My prayers for you both...and your mom too! If I can help in any way just call!

Noelle Reese said...

He is in my prayers! :-)
He is so handsome!

Snowmanlover said...

Oh Lori, this brings tears to my eyes. I am hoping your sweet little Will Will has a better weekend. I wish it was Monday for you. Thinking of you and your sweet one. Barb

Denise Black said...

Lori - I am just in tears as I read this thinking of what Will is going through. Please know that you, Will and your family is in my thoughts and prayers!! Love you girls,
Denise

Melissa Laverty said...

I can't even imagine how hard that must be for both of you. Praying for your strength as you make it through this weekend and for a speedy solution. Big Hugs - M

Sheena said...

Lori, I am sending thoughts and prayers for Will..Sending you hugs

Hugs, Sheena

Bev G said...

Lori,

I will keep you, Sweet Will and your family in my prayers. I believe it takes a special person to be the parent of a special needs child and I know you are one of them.

Keeping you in my prayers.

Bev Gosling

Kimberly said...

Lori, this brings tears to my eyes as well!! My boys when they were younger would get febrile seizures which was hard to watch so I can only imagine what you and your family go through. Please tell Will that I say hi and give him a big hug for me. My thoughts are with you guys!!
Hugs,
KimR

Denise Black said...

Lori - I'm so sorry you're little man is not doing so well - I will definitely keep you, Will and your family in my prayers. Love you girl!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh Lori...how scarey...a mama never can get over their babies in need. Many hugs to your son and to you as well.

Curt in Indy said...

God love you guys! Though I can't totally understand what you go through with Will's seizures, I know what it is like to be a care giver. My partner has MS and is now in a wheel chair and regressing every month. So in that respect, I "know" what you go through. My heart is saddened for your little guy. I also had a Miniature Schnauzer who was epileptic and had 10 to 12 seizures a day sometimes. So I know just from that how scary they are and how your heart breaks when it happens. You are a wonderful Mom and I know you guys take good care of him. I'm hoping that it wasn't a bad weekend for all of you, especially Will. Heartfelt hugs. . . .Best, Curt