Thursday, June 4, 2009

Don't forget the Thank you


In this day and age with computers, cell phones and probably lots of other technical things I don't even know about, we forget the art of Thank you's. Recently I made a card for a friend of mine that I really didn't even think that much about...I just made it up and gave it to her. When she opened it she got tears in her eyes and said she would keep it forever. I could tell she really cherished it and though it may not be kept forever, I knew it really touched her and meant a lot. This is something that I just forgot with my busy life and I was really blessed to be reminded of. Giving something of yourself to someone means so much more than buying a gift or shooting out an email, remembering to say THANK YOU. My challenge to you today is think of someone that has done something that has touched your life, maybe a your mother who helps with your children, or a friend that is always there if you call everyday or once every six months, the neighbor next door who always smiles when you see them in the yard... just someone that has done something nice for you ....little or big. I want to thank all of you who are reading this and taking time out of your busy lives to hear what I think. THANK YOU!!

3 comments:

Mary Director said...

Isn't it amazing how something as small as a "Thank You" can mean so much. Your card is really nice.

Anonymous said...

WOW! love this beautiful card... HUGS...SK :)

Michele Kovack said...

This IS a beautiful card!