Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Smiles Are Back! Update on Will


Thank you to everyone for all their thoughts and prayers for my sweet little Will. Last Monday we headed to the doctors office where we did some test and blood work to see what was going on. I'm happy to say everything looked good on his Vegas Nerve Stimulator, which was a HUGE relief. Found out this levels were high on his seizure medicine. Seizure meds are so weird if you're to low...you have seizures but if you're to high....guess what? You have seizures also so you have to keep everything balanced just right. The doctor put him on an emergency type seizure med that he can only stay on for a couple days, in fact this morning is his last dose. So we have decreased his normal meds and completed a round of the emergency seizure meds and I'm thrilled to tell you all...WE HAD A SEIZURE FREE DAY YESTERDAY! He was Mr. Smiley and wouldn't stop rolling around on the floor yesterday, which was a happy site. Thus the roller coaster life with Will, bad then good. I normally handle it with stride, but this time I was worried about his stiumulator, so thank you so much to all who sent their thoughts , prayers and who took the time to listen to me voice concerns. Once again I've been blessed with my little miracle in Will and I hope you have been too!

9 comments:

Teresa said...

So glad for you all, and that is a beautiful smile for sure!!

Denise Black said...

Wonderful, wonderful news Lori!!! Thank you God for your many blessings!!!

Snowmanlover said...

Oh Lori, what a precious little cherub he is. I just love that smile. I would blow that photo up and frame it in an 8x10!!
I got your email. So glad that things are much better for him and your family!! Glad you got your blessings.
Love, Barb

Patricia Mae said...

I so happy everything has worked out. Big Hugs to you and your family. Thanks for the update.
~Patricia

Kraftychick said...

What a sweet, sweet face - tell Will he has truly brightened my day with his smile! Good luck on your roller coaster life - I can't imagine how hard it must be! You are inspiring!
Jackie

Noelle Reese said...

What fantastic news! He is so yummy I could just eat him up! I'll continuie to pray for seizure free days!

bernshwag said...

WOW Lori, what a cutie pie you have there! He can light up a city with that smile! Continue to pray for you all!

Hugs,
Candi

Nichole said...

That's a wonderful smile! What a relief, seizures are sooo scary. Glad he's feeling better:)

Lilian said...

It's wonderful to see Will happy and thank you for sharing your good news. :) I always believe that we should live one day at a time and find joy in the little things. Keep smiling!

Thanks for stopping by my blog for the Belles N Whistles blog hop!