Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shabby Hugs

It's always fun to push yourself in one way or another and this card was a bit of a stretch for me with it's shaaby chic look. I love the finished result as it's used some of my favorites products...Kaisercraft flowers and paper, Tim Holtz rosette die and distress inik, seam binding and of course Waltzing Mouse stamps...so how could it not be beautiful.

The challenge over at Shabby Tea Room is embossing and though you only had to do one type, dry or heat...I did both on this card.  I think the leaves really rock with their detail and the stamped doilies are subtle...I like how one is so bold and the other so soft.  The sketch I used was for Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge.    Have to tell you I was a bit tickled when I showed my husband my card his remark was " How would that fit in an envelope"  I suppose my cards are getting to be like mini sculptures and not cards anymore, LOL.
See you tomorrow with some Heartfelt Creations Love.

Hugs,

5 comments:

K-E Kreations said...

Very pretty card. The flowers are stunning.

Debbie said...

So, so ... SO PRETTY, Lori! WOW! I adore all those sweet pink flowers and embossed leaves. Thanks for sharing this little beauty with us in the Tea Room :)

Kelly S. said...

A vintage bouquet of loveliness! The roses are so pretty with this sketch, and the color scheme is deliciously good!

Julia Aston said...

Love the layers under your pretty roses! Wonderful colors too! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Sheri said...

Awesome flowers! Very clever embossing the leaves! Thanks for sharing with us The Shabby Tea Room ;-)