Thursday, December 31, 2009

Enjoy Every Minute...




















It's hard for me to start to think about spring with snow still on the ground from two weeks ago, however, flowers are quite the rage right. Of course, Close To My Heart has a beautiful stamp set to meet the popular trend. This stamp is from the set "Enjoy Every Moment" C1395 and it has three different flower bouquets that are perfect to color in with your markers of choice. This set will be available starting tomorrow 1-1-10 in the brand new spring 2010 CTMH Spring Idea Book and believe it or not it's only $18.95. Feel free to click on the icon on the top right to start shopping on my website. You can also view the new Idea Book starting tomorrow on my website under products. If you would like a hard copy and have not received one from me, please feel free to contact me and we'll arrange for you to have one in hand.

Now onto more about the card. I did a double stamp of the flower image and colored both. I then cut the first one out in detail and pop dotted it to the base. This gives such a nice layer to the image and also is nice if someone were to catch a glimpse under the top image...the bottom is colored also, so it's completely finished looking. I also did some faux stitching which is one of my favorite things to do to add a little more to a card or layout. I also did some shading using one of our sponge daubers...you know I love daubers. The sketch is from Papertake Weekly Challenge, always nice to have a challenge to rise to the occasion for and finally I did some random stamping and shading on the base card...added a CTMH chipboard label (for the Whimsey Stamps Challege) that I stamped my sentiment on and added a little ribbon and buttons for The Pixie Cottage Challenge and BAM! the finished card.

I hope everyone has a very blessed 2010...A safe New Year's Eve and remember this year to Create and Inspire.

7 comments:

Davi said...

Oh wow this is really wonderful. Love the beautiful colors, textures, stitching and the fab image!!! Happy New Years!!

Mandy said...

Such a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at PTW this week.

Happy New Year

Mandy

Donna said...

Fantastic take on this weeks sketch! Thanks for playing along with this weeks PTW challenge :) Donna x

Unknown said...

Lori this came out really nice, love it!

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow!!! Lori, this card is really beautiful! I love the rich colors and those gorgeous flowers! The embossing adds the perfect touch! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW! hugs!

Unknown said...

wow, love this one! Beautiful image! Thanks for playing with the Pixie Cottage Girls.

Anne said...

A beautiful card in great colours. Beautiful work! Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Anne