Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's DZ Doodle Challenge Time

Welcome to the weekly DZ Doodles challenge. This week certainly ushers in spring. We want you to be inspired by the above picture and create a card, layout or anything you can image using a DZ Doodles image and drawing your inspiration from the above pictures.

Here is my creation for the week. I really felt like the flowers were just popping of the picture so I made sure to make my pansies pop off the page. I used two digis from DZ Doodles ....Oval Basket and Pansy Seashell Planter. The two seemed to just be crying out to be to merge them together. So I colored both the images with my copics and then used my xacto blade to slice the handle of the basket to be able to slide the pansies in. Then I also cut some of the flowers petals to help them pop just a big more. Really the images are enough for this card, but I did add a little stitching and a handmade mini tassel to pull it all together. It's a fresh springy card that certainly does welcome in this time of year.


Now it's your turn...let the first picture inspire you and then enter your artwork in our weekly challenge over at DZ Doodles Blog and here's the best part......you could win two images just for playing along. Be sure to check out all the details on the blog and also other Design Team members artwork for what they created using this same challenge.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

how pretty. the layered look for hte flowers are eye catching!