Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Close To My Heart December Blog Hop : AMORE



Welcome to December's Close To My Heart, Stamp of the Month, Blog Hop!  What a mouthful, LOL.  If you just joined us from Judy's blog then you're on the right path.

This month's stamp set has so many versatile uses and with Valentines Day right around the corner, it's a must.  I random stamped the back of my card using the top portion of the larger heart.  The sentiment is from this collection.  The flower was made using the stamp set too.  I just took the smaller heart and used the top third and stamped it in a line along the edge of a piece of cardstock.  Then I cut out the scalloped edge and added some cocoa ink to the edges with a sponge dauber for depth.  Next I punched out a circle from my CTMH circle punch and started working the flower.  With a heavy drop of glue in the center of the circle I twisted and folded the scalloped border into a rose.  Once I had it completed the shape I wanted I held it in place for a minute or two for the glue to set...and bang...I've had an adorable flower.  I added some mocha opaques to the center and you had a beautiful embellishment.  You can easily do this for your card or layout. 

If you would like to pick up your AMORE stamp set for a discounted price or even free...feel free to check it out on my website http://www.lorileng.myctmh.com/ or email me lorileng@bellsouth.net for more information.

Now it's time for the creativity to continue...HOP ON OVER TO LAURIE'S BLOG and see what wonderful creation she has imagined up for you.  Also please be sure to leave some blog love if you enjoyed this post...it's always nice to get feedback.

11 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful card Lori!

Melissa Laverty said...

gorgeous. Love the random stamping and the flower - so clever!!!

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Beautiful Card! Love the details.

Unknown said...

Love the random stamping!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL:)

Haley D. said...

What a cool card! I love the random stamping (who would have thought to use that image?) and your flower is fantastic!

Tamytha said...

Love the color choices and your pretty flower. What a creative way to use the heart stamp. Very pretty card!

Wendy Coffman said...

Clever paper flower technique - thanks!

Annette Green said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Love everything about it!

Krista Ritskes said...

Absolutely gorgeous and what a neat flower!

Kathleen said...

This card is SO gorgeous! I love the patterned opaques and the hollyhock twill! But the flower is AWESOME!!