Wednesday, August 24, 2011



When I first looked at the Popcorn/ Cotton Candy Die from Scrapping Cottage all I could see the cotton candy as was a banner. I thought how cute that would be. So I started making the banner and realized this is going to be to big for a card...gonna have to make a layout with it. Once I got into it I also realized how influenced I was being by the current book I'm reading " Water For Elephants". I have to tell you I'm really enjoying this book and can't wait to see the DVD next month. It's about a circus during the depression...so I think you can see the retro circus feel.


Once I had settled on a theme and really started putting everything together it just flowed. The Graphic 45 circus paper along with a vintage photo of a turn of the century circus troop...it was all just perfect.


I used the Ticket Booth flourishes for corner flourishes on the green cardstock and also the scallop is from the Ticket Booth. I always think it's fun to look at the dies and see what all you and create beside the obvious. I enjoyed doing this layout just for fun...it wasn't a family picture, or anything important to document...it was just FUN!!!

Hugs,

3 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

LOve this LO and the little ice cream cone banner is adorable :)

Angelica Turner said...

This layout is amazing, love the colorful background papers and that banner is too cute.

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow!!!! I love this page Lori so much of interest here......Fabulous!