Sunday, August 12, 2012

Rose Ribbon Tutorial


I love making these fast and easy roses for my projects.  I think you'll love doing the same once you see how quick they are.  Above are the supplies you'll need.  Some double sided tape, ribbon, a punch the size of the flower you would like and type of brad or bling in the center to finish it off.



1. First step is to punch a circle out of the double sided tape.


2.  Next start twisting the ribbon and curling it into towards the center.  I like to use my pair of fine tipped tweezers to hold onto the center while getting it started.


Place the center start down in the middle of your glued circle and continue to twist the ribbon tight in some places and looser in others to add interest and adhere down spiraling outwards.


Here's your rose all finished wrapping...just tuck your end piece behind your ribbon.  That's the great part about double stick ribbon.


Here is a finished tag showing where I used pearls in the center of the flowers to finish them off.  

I used the Lakehouse collection from KasierCraft for this project along with their pearl brads...how I do love them.  

1 comments:

Lena said...

This is amazing. Thanks for sharing.