Wednesday, December 11, 2013

30 Days of Xyron



I love holiday cards and making your own is always fun.  To add a bit of a kick to mine I'm all into dimension and  Xyron makes it so easy.  Today I'm going to show you how to make your own thick foam tape to make any card POP!


First you'll want to get an extra thick sheet of foam from your local scrapbook store.  I'm using my 5" Creative Station with my foam tape today.  It's going to be thick to work through your machine so go slowly, a little a time.  

  
Once you've run it through once.  Remove your clear top cover and then press the white backing down by rubbing your finger or even a bone folder over it.  Cut the excess white backing away and rerun your foam square through flipped upside down, so the white back will be on the other side.  

Again cut away the excess white backing after rubbing it down.  TIP:  I generally cut small squares like 4" x 4" to cover at a time and use them up so they'll stay neat and fresh. 


Once you have your foam coated on both sides with you Xyron glue cut your squares away with non stick scissors.  Easy Peasy!!!  You can really see below how the extra thick foam tape gives a unique twist to any card or project. 



My adorable little Christmas mouse friend is from a stamp set from Crafters Companion called " Christmas Seasons" .  Not only did the mouse stamp come from the set but so did the Merry Christmas sentiment that is attached to the bow.  The paper collection is from Heidi Swap's Christmas Collection " Believe". 

Want to know everything I used on this project?  Check out my supply list below and I hope you continue to enjoy the celebration of the holidays with Xyron



Other Products:Foam Sheet,  KaiserCraft Pearls, Stick Pins, Copics and Ribbon

4 comments:

Gina Brandstetter said...

Cute Cute card! And I learned something new today! I never EVEN thought about making my own foam tape! how fun!

Unknown said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for the tip on making foam squares.

barbara macaskill said...

Adorable card and thank you for the awesome tip! This is going to save me LOADS of money!

Frances said...

Simply love your card! And - thank you for the tutorial for the foam tape. Very ingenious!