Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Should have been Xyron .....but now it is / Barn Star Tutorial.


This whole week Xyron has been featuring projects that should have been made with Xyron but weren't.  We want to show you how easy Xyron could and will make these projects....here is a picture and link to the project that inspired my beach themed star. 

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/74872412526558188/


Today I've got a tutorial for you that your Xyron products are going to help make super simple.  Create a 3-D star adorned with your favorite motif.  On my star I used Graphic 45's latest collection " By the Sea" and finished it off with cut outs of seashells and rosettes.  Perfect for the beach house  So what to see how simple it is????? Take a peek. 


Step one: pick up a plain 3-D star at your local craft shop.  Use a piece of copier paper and lay over the star.  Using your bone folder, crease the outline of the star shape.  This is going to create a template for you to use.


 Step Two: Cut your shape out of the paper and then use as template on your designer card stock  I drew in pencil around my shape.  Cut out the pattern and do this on five different patterned paper. 


Step 3: Pronounce your center crease with a bone folder for a crisp edge.


Step 4: Run through your 5" Creative Station, then attach onto your star.


Step 5: Finish off all five of your shoots on the star as shown and then top with whatever embellishments you would like.  Take a look at my finish star close up....


 
Here's a complete list of Xyron goodies used on this project:
 


5 comments:

Bonjourscrap said...

Looks beautiful !TFS !

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Your star is just beautiful... I always for get to use my Xyron, mine is just 1.5 one but it's really handy when I remember to use it...
again I LOVE your star, the papers and shells are perfect!

Maria said...

Lori, this is incredible! Gorgeous star!!

Diane said...

Wonderful project Lori..and I just saw your name on the Graphic 45 finalists...YAH...you go girl...I have my fingers crossed for YOU...you have amazing projects!!!!!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Wow, this is wonderful, I have several stars laying around and have tried to figure out how to go about covering them. Now with your help, I think I will try.
Love you By The Sea star, I'm working on an album with that paper and I love it.
thanks for sharing.