Wednesday, June 30, 2010

CTMH " Happy Forever " Blog Hop



Welcome to another great month of artwork featuring Close To My Heart Consultants and July's stamp of the Month "Happy Forever". If you've just arrived from Carol's blog your on the right track and if not welcome and start hopping as it will loop back around.

This month is probably my favorite stamp of the month for this idea book. Happy Forever is adorable and I know this little guy will inspire many a cute projects. I have been wanting to do a Tri-Shutter folded cards and decided this would be an adorable paring.
I used the Splendor paper pack which seems to be a top pick of mine these days. Another stand by for me is the "State of Mind" stamp set I used for the sentiment in the middle. I'm constantly reaching for it. For my little hedgehog I stamped the image and colored him in with a chocolate watercolor pencil and blended with our blender pen...a true must have. For the lighter portions of his belly and face I added a touch of the sunflower water color pencil so when I blended it, it created a lighter shade. I also created the 3-D flowers but spritzed with water to give a more antiqued/crushed look. I really enjoyed making this card and can't wait to do another.
Now a bit of business...remember you can only get the stamp of the month during July. The retail price is $22.95, but if you place an order of $25, you can pick him up for 25% off, $50=50% off, $75=75% off and if you spend $100 you can take this little guy home for FREE!. Feel free to go to my website CLICK HERE .
Lucky you, it's time for the next exciting project from the talented Adeline. You have to check out her patriotic punked hedgehog...so darn cute. Enjoy the hop and I look forward to seeing you next month.

15 comments:

Nancy Keller said...

Hi Lori! I just love your tri-fold card. Aren't they fun to make! Thanks for sharing - your use of the Splendor paper has really inspired me. :)

Adeline E. Brill said...

Wow - I love this design AND the flowers!!!

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Love the card - one of my favorite templates.

Carol Loftus said...

You are so talented!!!!!

Nancy said...

I LOVE TRi Fold Cards and yours is gorgeous!!!

Nancy said...

I LOVE Tri Fold Cards and yours is Beautiful!!!

Jen Patrick- Roxybonds Scrappin said...

Love your card! I too am loving State of Mind :)
Hope to meet you at Convention!!!!

Lori Miller said...

Oh, WOW! What a great card! You've inspired me to bite the bullet and try a tri-fold card. :)

Jody Gustafson said...

Adorable. Love the flowers. I can't seem to get mine to look as good as yours. I'll just have to keep trying.

Kim O'Rear said...

Absolutely darling! Great work on this card!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous! So much time and work you put into such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

Haley D. said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous! I love those flowers!!!

Krista Ritskes said...

Ooo, those flowers really pop. Beautiful card.

Traci Godbee said...

so pretty!! love the flowers and the folds... very nice :)

Laurie said...

Wow! Fabulous card! I need to try one of these!