Monday, December 20, 2010

Divine Noel Swirly Doo's Layout


This is a layout I did featuring my Mother's Antique Christmas Ornament Tree.  No one in the family will help her put it up, as we're all so afraid we'll break one of the precious ornaments.  She claims she breaks some every year, but we still are about to touch it.  I wanted to have a layout of it, as I know one day it won't get put up...or at least it will never be as pretty as when she does it.  The tea pot ornaments are two of my favorites and I also love the bird, so I featured those on the ornament mats. 

Now here are some of the techniques I used on this months Swirly Doos Divine Noel Kit.  First I gold leafed the die cut circle frame.  I printed some paper for the ornament mats on my Imagine (that I still don't think I like) and then cut out the ornament shapes.  Embossed the Christmas tree and then highlighted the embossed areas with my smooch (which I am in love with) It really gave the trees an iron work feel.  Distressed the edges of my paper, made my poinsettias from some prisma flowers and stickles. The edges of my pictures have also been smooch with two colors (bronze and gold) Added a stick pin and some crystals and called it done.  Hope you enjoy and Merry Christmas Everyone.


This layout qualifies for the following challenges:

Beary Scraps : Pearls and Gem (green pearls in flowers and the crystals)
Drunken Stampers : Christmas

9 comments:

CuddlyBunny said...

Hi Lori! Your layout is gorgeous! The page looks as wonderfully vintage as those ornaments!

Also, you could Mr. Linky your page to Drunken Stampers ... it's a DS Christmas challenge!

Have a great holiday!

CuddlyBunny

http://drunkenstampers.wordpress.com/

Suzanne said...

I love this page, and the gorgeous flowers! I hope your holiday was fantastic! Hugs

Unknown said...

Love the vintage look, you did an amazing job thank you for sharing

Patricia Mae said...

Very pretty Lori, I love all the layers on here. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Beary Sweet Challenges. Happy New Year. This is just an FYI and may not apply to you but I'm putting on all my comments but rembember if you not a follower to become one we have had to not choose some really awesome projects because people didn't follow that would have won.
~Patricia
TBS DT

Jamie said...

This is beautiful and such a great idea to record these pictures. Thanks for joining in our Beary Sweet Challenge! Good Luck!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

kelly said...

This is a very interesting idea, Lori. It looks wonderful.

Kelly

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Lori - this is such a great idea! I love how it turned out. Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

Tanya said...

ELEGANCE.. Vintage.. STUNNING!!! How in the world did I NOT see this post sooner?? OMG.. I'm LUVIN it girl!!

Heather said...

This page turned out beautiful Lori! Just wanted to stop by and let you konw!