Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Wanna Hold Your Hand


This is a layout I did for the Soul Scrappers Beatles Song Challenge.   I chose " I want to hold your hand" as my song and I thought the pictures of my youngest son Cole skating or shall I say falling down was perfect for the title.  I wanted the page to have a classic rock type feel to it and to achieve this I altered the colors of my photos and cut them so they look 70ish.  I also stamped the musical sheet paper using one of Close To My Heart's new background stamp set.  I can tell this is going to be one of my favorite new stamps for a while.  The color scheme was a stretch for me, not my norm...but I loved the end result. Here are some of the supplies I used for this 12 x 12 layout:

Close To My Heart Stamp Sets : Universal Backgrounds Stamp Set #D1477, On this day #D1468, and The Works Alphabet #D1195
My Minds Eye Paper
Mulberry Paper Flowers
Tim Holtz Buttons
Close To My Heart Ribbon
Teresa Collins Transparency Sheet
Rub Ons
Photoshop Elements 9

2 comments:

K-E Kreations said...

Beautiful LO! Love the colors - a perfect fit with the photos.

Tanya said...

OH My Golly Gee.. That is AWESOME!!! The colors go GREAT with the pics. LOVE IT!!!!

Hugs,
Tanya