Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ushering in the Season...FALL


We have a new challenge over at Beary Scrap and you're going to love it....HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!  I adore the season of fall, it's my favorite.  To me it's like everything is getting ready to go to sleep for the winter.  The colors are so deep and rich and hearty...love, love, love.  Can't you just smell the crisp air, the apples baking in the oven with a sprinkle of sugar and see the leaves starting to fall to the ground.  How could that not give you warm fuzzies all over. 

I used the new Authentique 6 x 6 paper pads (Glowing and Blissful) for this card.  I inked it up with a bit of distress ink to give a bit more aged look and to blend with the Fall colors I was reaching for.  That's the nice thing about distress ink...if your paper isn't quite what you want it to be in color or tone...ink that thing up.

This card also qualifies for the following challenges:


Hugs,

7 comments:

Sheena said...

Beautiful card! I love that pattern paper so pretty. Fall is my favorite time of year, the smells, the cool air, changing of the leaves. Great time of year.

TanishaRenee said...

Love the distressed look to your card!

Renee said...

Fabby Fall colors...
the papers are perfect!
Love the way you used Rescue Remedies...
a great vintage, distressed look!
Fabby card!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

JJ Bolton said...

So many great textures! I love the way you stamped and colored the label. And those matching flower embellishments, wow!

Kelly S. said...

Your little thumbnail on the sketch challenge blog just POPPED right out at me! Gorgeous papers, perfect with the Rescue Remedies set! Love all of the beautiful colors and texture on this one!

Cathy Weber said...

This is a really great card, lots of interesting elements on it. I love rescue remedies and you used that diecut so perfectly on this sketch card. You did such a good job with all the edge distressing.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Ooo, this is gorgeous!! wow!