Monday, March 5, 2012

Prickley Pear Monday

Please scroll below to see todays Amazing Mold Putty Post


Happy Monday everyone...it's a Prickley Pear kind of day and I've got this tag to share with you today.  It actually was inspired by my art journal page I created.  Having the art journal lets me explore new technique that I might not try on project...but somehow on the art journal it's OK and it opens new door. 
I covered the tag with some Tim Holtz distress tape and then painted with Gesso.  I then colored the base with various distress ink colors and flicked some water on the surface.   The tag was stamped with gelato paint sticks and also with some distress colored ink. 


Then I just added the stamped birds from the mini birds clear stamp set and die.  It's so nice to be able to add small intricate little stamps that the die makes so easy to work with. 

I hope you like my tag and I'd love to see everyone start an art journal for inspiration.  Hop on over to the PPRS blog and check out the rest of the design teams projects...BEAUTIFUL!!!

3 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

This is so fun and so artsy and so beautiful, Lori! Just love that amazing background you created with the tape/gesso/inks/water. Such sweet birdies, too.

Angelica Turner said...

Wow, Lori this is so creative. Love it!!!!

Kristii said...

What a beautiful tag!! Love the birdies and the technique is fabulous!