Sunday, November 22, 2009

Give Thanks, Baby!


This time of the year, it really is the season to pause and reflect on everything we have to be thankful for. Our families, our country, our lives and the love that truly is around us. I'm thankful first and foremost for family, they are my heart and this evening I was blessed to be able to hang out with the worlds greatest sister. My son calls her EE, I've always called her Ninny but the rest of the world knows her as Gini. She has always been more than just my sister and I love her so much, so whenever we get to be together and just be ourselves is such a joy. She is the queen of card challenges so with her guidance towards the challenges, I did this "Thankful" card this evening for Lala Land Crafts challenge creating a card that shows thankfulness. They are giving some amazing blog candy - but you need to enter by midnight, Monday 23rd. I thought this image from Sassy Studio Designs was just adorable and really wanted to add BABY to it but just didn't want to overdo it...so even though the baby didn't make it on, the name of the card is Give Thanks Baby. I used the sketch from Pixie Cottage, simple but just perfect. Lastly I used the cuddle bug embossing folder to add the wonderful detail and texture of the circle to the side of the card, The Cuttlebug spot is also having a challenge for a card using a turkey...so boy did this card fit a lot of bills. I hope you enjoy the artwork, but more than anything I hope you will take a few minutes to think about what exactly it is you have to be thankful for and may your blessings abound!

11 comments:

Elena said...

Wonderful card! Love the texture you created!
Thank you so much for joining us at La-La Land Weekly challenge!

Tammy said...

What a fabulous card Lori!! I love that image and the colors are wonderful!! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and hope to see you again. Good Luck!!

Irina Blount said...

What a lovely thank you card in fall colors!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Unknown said...

Lovely card, great colours and cute image. Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage, hope to see you next time!

Anne said...

A beautiful card in great colours! Thanks for playing at the Pixie Cottage!

Kathy said...

Cute card! Love the colors and I haven't seen this image before!! haha Just darling! Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge at La La Land!
:)kathy

Kristine said...

:) Love this image of the girl with the turkey! Perfect for Thanksgiving cards. Great job!

Thanks so much for playing along in our La-La Weekly Wednesday Challenge!! :)

Sheena said...

Cute card Lori!! Have a Great Thanksgiving!


p.s.I got my order Thursday :)

Maureen said...

Great card - love the image and the embossing! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

What a fun card! Perfect to go with that evening you had with your sister! Very cute!! I hope that you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thank you for joining us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Unknown said...

What a fabulous thank you card! Love the fall colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts!