Sunday, January 31, 2010

Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge


So I told you I did several challenges being back home tonight...and this is another one I did for the Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge. The Challenge was for a sketch and I used this adorable little Magnolia chef stamp that my sweet sister gave me for Christmas. I hadn't had a chance to use him yet, and was thrilled to get to this evening. I colored him using my Copics and actually tried to use some techniques that Suzanne J Dean has inspired me with. She has some great videos on Copics if you haven't watched them yet on YouTube. Anyhoo...I think my shading is getting a bit better. I start a Copic class tomorrow so you can all judge for yourself in the coming weeks how my coloring progresses. Now onto the card...I used the Emporium paper pack from Close To My Heart...one of my all time favorites. I also random stamped some Sweet Leaf card stock for the flowery bottom print and of course pulled out the much loved Spellbinders for the label...some creme brulee ribbon topped it all for just a subtle finish. The card is actually very simple but I feel the little chef boys stand for himself. I will say the Magnolia images are so much fun to color...you really should give it a whirl.

0 comments: