Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sassy Cheryl's First Card Challenge


Yes, I know I'm suppose to be packing for my cruise....well it started snowing this morning, so SNOW DAY which in my house equals craft day. This morning was the premiere challenge for Sassy Cheryl's and you guys know I love her images, so I thought, I think I'll just carve out a few minutes and make a card...so this is what i came up with. The challenge was to use green ...I'll be honest St. Patrick's Day green is not my top choice, but it challenged me to think out of my comfort zone and create. So this may not go down in the history books I thought it turned out pretty cute. I like my coloring, which my copic class has helped me a lot there...and really the image stands for itself, so it didn't need a ton of embellishments and add on. Now I really should go start getting ready for my trip........but do you think I will or will I craft more? I'll never tell :)

16 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Lori, oh I LOVE it. She's absolutely adorable!!!!

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Oh I love your card, great coloring! I love the paper you chose too. I say pack play first and work later, right? hehe. I still need to wash the dishes, but I colored first! ;)

Cathy said...

Hey Lori, Thanks for taking the time to create this beautiful challenge card before embarking on your cruise. Congratulations on winning the cruise and thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #1.

Sheena said...

cute..I love the bright colors

Sheena :)

p.s. I am working on a order..not sure what all I want yet but I do know I will be getting some inks. :)

Anonymous said...

MY bet would be that you color some more! With this snow, it's too tempting to color. LOL

JACKIE M said...

I love your " St Patricks day green " and your card. Jackie x

The Wired Angel said...

Lori, your card is really cute. Great coloring and papers.Thanks so much for playing along with us at our first challenge! Hurry back for more fun.. we've got lots of good stuff coming up. Good luck in the drawing.

Linda Carson said...

Looks FANTASTIC!

Tracy said...

Your card is so sweet, great colouring! Thanks for joining us, hope to see you again... oh and enjoy your cruise.
Tracy

Marlene said...

This is GORGEOUS with a capital G. And I'm jealous you're going on a cruise. Pfffft.

Alina said...

It's a beautiful card, Lori, I like your colouring! Thanks for joining us!
Hugs, Alina

Ann English said...

Lori-this is fabulous. I love ALL of your cards. You are so talented!!!

Dawn B. said...

Lori this is so cute. Your coloring is amazing.. The green is wonderful.. I am really happy you joined us at Sassy Cheryl's this week.

P.S. I live in Mooresville, NC near Charlotte.. I love Asheville..

A Consuming Passion said...

This is a great image and your card is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card - great colors! I really like your sky.

Dawn said...

adorable!
thanks for playing Sassy Cheryl's!