Sunday, February 28, 2010

CTMH Stamp of the Month Blog Hop...Sew Many Layers




Welcome to Close To My Heart's Monthly Consultants Blog Hop. If you just hopped over from Carol's Blog your on the right path. Every month we have over 60 consultants who share their inspirations and ideas for the CTMH Stamp of the Month. This is full of beautiful artwork, so be sure to check out all the blogs during the course of the month.

This months stamp is so versatile and you'll find yourself using it on so many different projects.

A LITTLE EVERYTHING D1408 has a phrase for almost every occasion. Be sure to take advantage of this set while you can as it's only available through the month of March. You can even get it for FREE with a qualifying purchase. Click over to my website to find out more.... SHOP ONLINE NOW.

Now onto my project. I have really started loving sewing on cards and building my cards up with layers and layers of foam tape. On this simple card I used the Veranda paper pack. Overall there are seven layers on this card, so it really does have nice dimension. Each level has been stitched on the sewing machine. When I stamped the THANKS...I used my Juniper ink pad for half of the stamp and the other is Creme Brulee....I love this technique and it sure is simple with our clear stamp sets. One of my favorite new stamp sets is SMILES C1397 and the flower that is on the right corner of the Thanks is from this set. I stamped it in Juniper ink and colored in with a blending pen and ink for a lighter softer fill in. I finished up the card with a flower from our Just Blooms Z1266 folded in half and ink on the edges. It's a simple card, but one that is sure to make a lasting impression.

Now it's time to go get inspired by another great project....so hop on over to CHRIS'S BLOG. Thanks so much for stopping in and looking and be sure to leave a little love with a comment. HAPPY HOPPING!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowsers! That's a whole lot of layers. Great job!

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Love the layers and the flowers work great!

Anonymous said...

Great card!!

Deborah Young said...

So beautiful, Lori!

Anonymous said...

Love the flower addition. Great card!

Carol Loftus said...

I love your card!

Jen Patrick- Roxybonds Scrappin said...

Very pretty card! Love the two tone stamping!

Carol said...

Love the stitching. I'm going to have to try that.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...great use of the flower behind the sentiment ont he left. and your sewing is great!!! gotta try that now!

Amy Pitts said...

Very cute. Love all the little details.

Barbara said...

Beautiful card!! I haven't been a part of our blog hop in a couple months but I ALWAYS enjoy hopping and looking at all of the different ideas and uses of our SOTM. :-)
I haven't done any stitching yet...I need to use that technique, it's beautiful.

Tammy Lea Pinchard said...

VERY pretty! I REALLY need to get a cheapy sewing machine for use at My Creative Clubhouse cuz my husband would kill me if I brought the expensive one he got me for home!

Mary said...

I just love your work! I have a Beautiful Blog Award waiting for you on my blog!
http://www.scrapbookinggrandmacrafts.com/

Kim O'Rear said...

The stitching is beautiful!

Nancy said...

Very Pretty!!!

Jen Rubio said...

What a stunning card Lori!! I just love all your stitching and how that flower pops out from behind so nicely. THANKS for sharing and inspiring me!

Annette Green said...

Oooooh, so pretty. Love the stitching detail!

Haley D. said...

How beautiful!

Carla said...

Gorgeous card!