Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blessings - Thankful Challenge

 My Mind's Eye is having a challenge right now to do a sketch layout using the theme Blessings/Thankful.  I really have so much to be thankful for, God, Family, Health, the Country I live in...and more.  I could go on and on but one of my biggest blessings has been my parents.  The love they have for each other is amazing and they shared it with my sister and I growing up.  It was a blessing that truly molded me into the person I am today.  I owe them so much for their example.  My Mom and Dad have had a love affair for over 45 years.  My Father adores my Mom and does anything and everything he can to make her life special and my Mother still gets butterflies right before my Dad comes home for work and makes sure she looks pretty.  They look forward to spending time together, hold hands and steals kisses all the time. Isn't that the way a love affair is suppose to be.  So I'm so thankful for the example of what True Love is. 

Some of the techniques I used for this layout included sewing, stamping, distressed edges with ink and sandpaper, cricut/layering, of course use my 3-D foam tape (should buy stock in that stuff, LOL)

Be sure to leave me your feedback...let me know what you're thankful for.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

OMG Lori.. that is totally GORGEOUS!!

Dolores said...

Beautiful layout

Samantha Taylor said...

Beautiful layout, and what a wonderful example of love!