Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spellbinders Metal Leaves


What a crazy week this has been.  First my youngest son was sick, then my husband and finally my oldest son...YUCK!!!!  To top it all of I try to get the boys out of the house when my hubbies sick so I was staying at my parents house...I'm so tired and now have to gear up for the belated birthday party this weekend...oh well I think they call this being a Mommy.  Oh and notice, I'm the only one that didn't get sick....thank God for little miracles. 

I'm finally back home and couldn't wait to sit down and do this card.  I just got the leaves Spellbinder die and I knew exactly what i wanted to do with it.  Metal Leaves....I cut them with the my Grand Caliber then colored them with copics to give the variety of colors.  The papers are from several different lines...Teresa Collins and My Minds Eye.  Did a little stitiching with the handy dandy sewing machine, layered it up with some foam tape and also use some of my large Grand Caliber Dies from Spellbinders for the middle Label. I  had some organza ribbon from CTMH that I stitched in a haphazard line up the center.   I added a few final finishes with a copic colored Tim Holtz pearl and some pearls and gems from the Lush Collection of MME and called it finished.   

The sketch I used is from the The Beary Scrap DT Challenge.  You should really check out their bi-weekly challenges...really fun and great prizes.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Lori, this is a beautiful card! I love your choice of colors, layout and diecut shape. Thanks so much for joining our GD challenge, good luck!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Tanya said...

WOW!! That is GORGEOUS!!! I've never played around with metals like this before. Too cool!!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Jamie said...

Hi Lori, I'm back to say I left a surprise for you on blog. http://jamiesdesigngarden.blogspot.com/2011/02/happy-day-blogger-award.html

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Lori, all I can say is WOW is right! More like Holy COW! Gorgeous! I'm blown away. Thank you for entering our GT Call. Wishing you the best of luck.

Hugs,
Kimm
The Beary Scrap

Patricia Mae said...

Lori just beautiful!! I can see that the tallent runs in the family. Thanks for entering our GDT call.
~Patricia
TBS DT

Unknown said...

Lori, you know I think this rocks! Thanks so much for entering The Beary Scrap's GDT call and good luck.
hugs,
Gini

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

You call it finished and I would like to call it mine! Shall I send you my address? Haha! This is gorgeous Lori! Thanks for entering our GD call. Announcements will be Saturday - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan