Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Heartfelt Tag


This is a tag I created for Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge.  I first created the base of the tag by cutting 1/2 inch squares and making a mosaic background .  Some of the squares are applied with foam tape and some were glued directly on the base tag...so there is a lot of dimension.  You know I love that dimension.  Next I made my flower by using Heartfelt Creations sunflower stamp and versa mark, I embossed in black the images.  Next they were cut out using Blossom #2 Spellbinders Die.  Once the layers were all cut out, I slit each petal so that I could bend and shape each one for a more realistic look.  They were all joined together with foam tape.  Next I stamped my sentiment from the same Heartfelt stamp set and embossed it.  I then used a labels set from Spellbinders to cut it out and then cut one of my Fancy Labels dies from Spellbinders to back it. I punched a hole in the base of my sentiment to attach a jump ring and crystal bauble.  The bauble is from Tim Holtz and I stamped the seed from the Heartfelt set and then glued it on using Liquid Glass from Close to My Heart, then dipped it in some glitter to finish off the background of the crystal.  Lastly I had some Webster's crochet ribbon and attached that to my tag along with a plain black ribbon at the top for a hanger. 

Tags are so much fun and really are so cute to attach to gifts, give one a try today.


Detailed View

2 comments:

Gillian .... said...

This is so cool Lori, love the dimensional effect with the flower,gorgeous, great colours and composition.

Nancy said...

Your tag's beautiful, Lori! I really like the different dimensions - a lot of eye appeal here!

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!