Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Until Next Year, Spellbinders


Last night I received the email I didn't want to and didn't get the call...no I did not make the Spellbinders Design Team.  I have to say I was so disappointed, but I can look at my work and see how much this experience has made me grow.  My work continues to get better and better and next year, I can't wait to try it again and hopefully make the team. 

I'll be sharing my projects that I submitted over the next several days and I'd love to hear your feedback. 

This was my first project.  It's a metal formed pin using thin sheets of metal that I cut with Blossom die and then colored with my copics.  I manipulated the metal to give it it's form...The leaves are chipboard covered with Graphic 45 paper and then inked on the edges and the pearl bauble is from Tim Holtz. 

Thank you so much for all your support, prayers and encouragement during this process.  It's been amazing the friends that have rooted me along...thank you.

Hugs, Lori

Modeled Pin...you can really tell the size of it from this photo.


4 comments:

Deborah Young said...

Lori, this is stunning! They would have had a better team with you on it. Keep on creating, girlfriend!

Tanya said...

WOW!!! GORGEOUS Lori!!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Laura C said...

The pin is beautiful. I kept checking back to see how you did for the DT and am sad that you didn't get selected. I love your blog and your work, So I will still see you here :0)

Nessie said...

A stunning pin I would love to own!