Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Wonder

This is a 12 x 12 layout I created for Once Upon A Sketch's new challenge.  Let me tell you this blog has some amazing artist as part of their design team and it's an inspiration just to go over and take a look. I'm constantly amazed at how much detail I add to my pages and yet it really doesn't look that hard when I post them to my blog. 

For the base page I used Prima paper and sprayed with Tattered Angels and a Prima mask the outline of the swirls, then I sprayed the mask with the pink Tattered Angels and laid it in the negative space for the double effect. 
I actually cut thin strips of paper and sewed through the circle by making slits with an exacto tool.  I felt it just needed that pop of blue on the circle and this was a great solution.  I used Coredinations papers for the Fleur De Lis boarder and then sanding. 
The banner for the title is from Dusty Attic and it to was sprayed with T.A, along with the fonts and the rose ribbons.  Of course you know me I had to add some pearls with baubles but also one of my new loves...liquid pearls.  They are awesome.  The butterflies are from Prima along with the sparkly green fonts used. 

I love the fact that Once Upon a Sketch requires you journal.  This is something I always have to push myself to do but am so happy with the final outcome when I do. 

Have a great first of the week and I'll see you Wednesday. 



13 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said...

Wow, your page is areal stunner. Love your take on the sketch and happy that we could push you to add the journaling.
Love what you did with the title banner and that little birdie is just so cute!
Thanks for playing along...

Lou said...

Totally gorgeous LO and fabulous take on the Sketch! Great spot for journalling too! Glad you are enjoying Once Upon....
Lou xx

Heather Jacob said...

this is so beautiful... the attention to detail is wonderful and the colour combos awesome ...love the hand stitching and your journaling is a treasure .. hugz x

thanks for playing

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Oh don't worry...I can definetely see all the hard work and detail you have out into this layout!

Love the colours and that awesome pic!

Thank you so very muchf or playing along at Once Upon A Sketch! Look forward to many more of your lovely entries. Thanks also for your kind words..:o)

Unknown said...

love all the details...same title picked for both of us...LOL....

Irma said...

Love the bright colors and I DO see all the detail! amazing indeed!!!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Love this! Love the pretty happy colours and all the details you've added!

Rossella said...

I really like it! Wonderful colors and the bird! Fantastic! Thanks for playing with us!

Trudi Harrison said...

I adore your choices of colour and the details are amazing!

Asas à imaginação said...

Olá!
Seu página está maravilhosa!
Gostei muito das cores e da delicadeza dos detalhes!
Um abraço
Marlei

Dawnll said...

Oh I just love your blog!
How beautiful your creations are and love the design of your background.
Just had to become a follower.

sandi said...

What a beautiful lo!

Irini said...

I love this layout!!!
absolutely gorgeous....I too wonder what will become of my son!!