Friday, June 3, 2011

You Mean the World to Me

This is a card I made for the current Shabby Tea Room challenge.  It was a recipe challenge 2 designer papers, 4 buttons and 6 layers...and did I have fun with this.  The papers are from Webster's Pages and I love how unusual they are for a beach/ocean theme.  The flowers were made with Kraft cardstock, water and ink and of course four buttons, LOL.  I burned the edges of the map paper to give a worn aged look and then torn the kraft paper behind it to match.  Prima vines added a perfect touch behind my flowers and I used some hemp to add a little hand sewn stitching.  Lastly the sentiment if from JustRite Stampers and embossed..


I feel like I'm ready to head to Key West with a margarita in my hand with this card, LOL...that's a nice feeling.  Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Hugs,

7 comments:

Diane said...

Love this.....wonderful "piece of art"!!

Maria said...

Oh my...this card is just fabulous! Love all the color and detail! It's amazing!!!:-))

Heather said...

Beautiful Card Lori! Love the colors of your card...great layering..and love the flowers! Hugs!

Heather said...

Beautiful Card Lori! Love your color combo..and the layers..and of course the flowers! Beautiful!

Debbie said...

So very pretty, Lori! So much eye candy to behold!!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

craftieodmae said...

WOW!!!!!!! That's one gorgeous card!!!!

Janna Werner said...

Love this card, Lori! The colours are amazing so is the design, TFS! Janna