Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Love Cast in Clay w/ Creative Paperclay and Amazing Mold Putty


Welcome to the Love Cast in Clay blog hop with Creative Paperclay® and Amazing Mold Putty! You should have arrived here from Amanda Mark:, if not, you may want to start back at the beginning with the Creative Paperclay® blog so you don't miss anything! We have great inspiration for you as well as awesome prizes! A winner will be chosen from both Amazing Mold Putty blog and Creative Paperclay® Blog to receive a 16oz package of Creative Paperclay®and package of Amazing Mold Putty. In order to win you must leave a comment on all blogs as well as become a follower of each blog.




Amazing Mold Putty is so easy to use! It is a two-part putty, that you mix equal parts together and press your object to be molded into it. You can then use the mold over and over again.  I wanted to mold an antique key for my project.



I use do many of my molded embellishments on cards and layouts so I don't like for them to be to heavy...also I'm not a patient person and always want it to dry quick, so I used the Delight ™ Air Dry Modeling Compound, which is lighter in weight than the Paperclay and the dry time is less. . I just pressed the Delight into the mold, let it dry for a bit to set up and then release from the mold and finish drying.


With the key being paper it's really ready for any finish you can think of.  I painted my key with smooch and then highlighted with inka gold rub for an antique finish.


 
Now that I've shared my project with you, it's time to hop on to Barbara Moore Blog !

Full Hop List

22 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this

julie1551 said...

OMG so easy to use

Jan Hennings said...

love the key! Great minds must think alike because I did a key, too :)

DawnC said...

Really cool!

Cindy said...

Love your card Lori! Very nice.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Kelly Sas said...

I can't believe how real your key looks! Can't tell which one is the real one!!!

Jingle said...

Very nice job!

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, how fabulous! I just LOVE that key, Lori!

Tumbleweed Trails said...

I love these two products. Thanks for participating in the fun blog hop.
Jody

Cindy Cade said...

Nicely done project and tutorial. Kudos!

Robyn - injoystampin said...

I love keys!!! Great project!

Mary S said...

That is amazing!!! The key looks real!

LeslieRahye said...

Beautiful Lori! I need to go find me some keys to mold now!!

AJsArts said...

I love the key - I wish I had my dad's key jar (oh the possibilites!) Great project :)

Angieclementine said...

omg I love the key idea!

Chark said...

thanks for the tutorial--love it!

Unknown said...

Lori this card is amazing! The paper, the sentiment, and that key are all fantastic....just gorgeous!

Jean said...

Wow. Great job, the key you made looks real in the pics!

by belle said...

Great project!!

Lyneen said...

Love your card... perfect key to mold!!!

pooky said...

What a great project!!! I love vintage keys..so many things you can do with them. Yours turned out super!

Caroline D. said...

wow... amazing to know the key on the card is paper... looks like a real vintage key!