Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Xyron, Graphic 45 and Petaloo Halloween Tower

 
Who doesn't love Halloween and especially when it paired up with some of the best craft goodies on the market?   Graphic 45 is known for their must have paper collections and " Steam Punk Spells " certainly fits the bill.  The paper has a vintage feel with vibrant colors and fun designs that make the latest release from Petaloo flowers mix together perfectly. I had such a blast creating this Halloween Home Décor Tower and I was able to pull everything together with all of my Xyron Glue Favorites.   
 
 
 
I started with three plain wooden block I picked up at my local craft store.  I painted the block black for my base and then started building up the layers.  My 5" Creative Station from Xyron helped me make large block stickers for the paper tile bases.  Honestly everything came together so quickly on this project.  I guess that just goes to show you what you can do with the right supplies. 
 
 
 
The Letters and finial were painted with crackled paint as well as the paper mache pumpkin and I layered and layered to give the piece a lot of character.  Once the paint was dry I rubbed with ink to highlight the crackle finish and on the finial I sanded as well to add a bit more distressing. 
 
I love nestling flowers in clusters on a project and I thought the metal keys fit the top cluster perfectly. 
 
 
I must say this is one of those projects that I will really enjoy decorating my home with during the Halloween season.
 
Want to see all the products I used to create this Halloween Tower....check out my complete list below. 


Xyron 5” Creative Station w/ Permanent, Xyron DIY Foam Tape, Xyron 1 ½ “ Sticker Maker, Clockworks #4500682, Vintage Voyage, Ornate Metal Keys, Totally Wicked 4500691, Beware 4500690, Banners 4500695, Nevermore 4500685, Pumpkin Power 4500688, Steampunk Tags and Pockets 4500697, Fanciful Floral 4500681, Petaloo Darjeelings Leaves Medium, Petaloos Dahlias Autumn, Petaloo Mini Daisy w/ leaves teal and aqua flowers, Wooden Blocks, May Arts Ribbon, Paper Mache Pumpkin, Tim Holtz Crackle Paint, Wooden Finial, Chipboard Letters, Sizzix/Tim Holtz Die

8 comments:

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Such a beautiful project!! Loved all your detail work and inspiration! Stunning!

cghundley said...

Too clever here!
Great creation.
Carla from Utah

Sabrina said...

Oh how darling!!

Rea' said...

Oh this tower is too cute, I love these colors , that ribbon pops, and the flowers are gorgeous !!

Unknown said...

Fun holiday piece. Love the way the papers and flowers work so well together. Great job.

Valentina said...

What a great project! Love it! TFS!

Jeanann said...

Fabulous!

Mickie said...

SOOOO CUTE!