Friday, June 11, 2010

CTMH America Pride Club Challenge...Don't Forget!


If you are in one of my clubs, you know I have set out a club challenge for July 1st.....create something that shows your good ole American Pride! I love our country so much and am so thankful for where I am able to call home. One of my wonderful club members Jennifer did this card and it really brought tears to my eyes. It's a simple card that she clear embossed Just For You--Stars on white CTMH cardstock. Then she shimmer misted the background in red and white and "tan" for a rustic look. She distressed all the edges. Next she used metal tape across the bottom colored with alcohol inks. Put on a CTMH hemp bow and finally stamped From Me to You-Celebrate. The part that really got me is the fact she is sending this to her husband in Iraq while she is home with her little children. I realize so many families are like Jennifer but it always brings tear to my eyes to think of the sacrifices our brave soldiers make to keep my family and I safe. So thank you to Jennifer, her husband and family and also to all the families out there that have made this core country what it is. God Bless America and our soldiers.
Remember if you are in one of my club and would like to join in on the challenge you have until July 1st to submit your American Pride artwork to me...I'll post more entries and the winner in coming days.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you Lori for thinking of myself and other military families. It is a really hard way of life right now but my husband is happy to be able to protect and serve our country. Happy 4th of July everyone!! :)