Sunday, June 6, 2010

Needed a Break, so I made a card!


Thank you so much for all the sweet wishes for my son Will this weekend. It so nice to be reminded what wonderful friends I have and all the support that is out there. I'll keep everyone posted and let you know what the doctor says tomorrow.
So this afternoon I was feeling a little burned out and thought I would sit down and do a card for fun. So I made this cute little guy. This is how I see my boys at the beach so the stamp was perfect. Most of you probably don't know I actually still have my baby blanket...yes I'm almost 40. My parents use to tease me I would go to college with BB the magic wonder blankie...little did they know it wasn't a joke. BB does look at bit worse for the wear but and I don't sleep with her every night, but she is really loved. So you know this picture of a little boy and his blankie going to the beach or pool stole my heart. The sketch I used is from Beary Scraps Challenge and it was supper easy, but a great design. The stamp is from Belles 'n Whistles and their challenge was to make hand made flowers and thanks to my friend Denise it's one of my favorite things to do these days.
So I'm happy to say this card took my mind off things for just a bit and actually refreshed me, so thanks to the companies for their challenges...I needed it.

Challenges:
The Beary Scrap - sketch
Belles 'n Whistles - DIY flowers
One Stitch at a Time - Boys to Men
Paper Sundaes - Summer Fun
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Summer delights
Stamp, Scrap, Doodle - Handmade embellishments
Papertake Weekly- Fun, Fun, Fun
Creative Inspirations - beach theme
Simon Says - male
Charisma Cardz - flowers
S2G - blue
Pixie Dust - punch it out
Stampin for the weekend - summer fun

20 comments:

Unknown said...

This turned out so cute- and yes, it certainly does remind me of sweet Cole and Will! Good luck with the challenges and thanks for playing at BnW and the Beary Scrap!

hugs!
EE

Elise said...

Oh such pretty vibrant colors!!! And this little guy is such a cutie patootie! ;) Love your diy flowers too! Thank you so much for joining us in the Belles 'n Whistles challenge!

Hugs,
Elise

CarlaKH said...

Just adorable....too cute. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Jane Wetzel said...

this is just adorable! glad u joined us at S2G!

Ann English said...

I am so sorry to hear your son is ill. The card is absolutely adorable---so glad you took some time to create! Thank you for playing Twisted Thursday at Shirleys2Girls!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lori :-) This image is just sooo cute and teh papers and colours you used are fab :-)

thanks for joining the PTW and Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Liz said...

What a sweet image!
Beautiful card thanks for joining OSAAT this week
Liz x

stitchy said...

Lori, this is so so adorable, I don't know the story on your son, but I do wish him well and you still have your blankie, lol, how cool is that I ask ya lol..I have to tell ya, my first introduction to stamping I went to a Close to my Heart demonstration...I spent 80 bucks haha..I still have everything I bought lol..nice stuff..thank you for sharing your story and your talent with us gals' at OSAAT - hope to see you again - good luck hun

stitchy xoxox

cheryl said...

oh this is one great card,the detail image and colurs are just stunning,thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Christine said...

Great card, Lori! I need this stamp! :) I hope your son is doing okay! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Kendra said...

Love your flowers! Great job! Thanks for playing at SSDS this week!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beauteous card! I like the punch you chose :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Gina Lindsay said...

That is just the most adorable image! Great job with the coloring too. Thanks for playing along with us at S2G this week.

Crystal said...

Such a sweet image & I love those flowers! Thanks for playing along with Paper Sundaes this week :)

Jamie said...

what a sweet card, love the color combo and the sentiment. When I need a break, I make cards too! thanks for joining us!


Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Unknown said...

A super cute card - thanks for playing with us at S2G!

Patricia Mae said...

Lori,
Very cute card, Thanks for joining us in our Beary Sweet Challenge. Good Luck
~Patricia
The Beary Scrap DT

HappyCrafter said...

very sweet card, your colouring is great! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!

Annika said...

Wonderful, so co-ordinated and beautiful, love the colouring and the embellishing, perfect work! Very cute image, so jealous! I love that you still have your blankie, I am still holding on to my tattered teddy and I'm 38 with 2 kids!!! lol
Thanks for joining us at SFTW challenges this week, hope you will find time next weeks as well!
Hugs
Annika

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Lori - great card and great story! Your coloring looks wonderful and I'm having flower envy!

On our honeymoon (12+ years ago *gasp*) my husband gave me a teddy bear. I don't sleep with him every night anymore but he's definitely right by my bedside.

Thanks for joining our Beary Sweet Challenge - good luck!

Cheers ~ Susan