Monday, January 31, 2011

Blog Hop / CTMH's February Stamp of the Month


Welcome to February's  Close To My Heart, Stamp of the Month, Blog Hop!. If you just joined us from Pamela's  blog then you're hopping on the right path.

This month's stamp set "Friendship" is one you'll be sure to use over and over again.  It's simply beautiful.  The largest Fleur De Lis is a perfect square and just lent itself so well to the technique I used for this card.  I used my new favorite stamp set " Universal Backgrounds and stamped plain cardstock with Twilight ink and the musical sheet music.  I then stamped the Fleur De lis in versa mark over the top of the music and embossed with cocoa embossing powder.  Then I cut the image into 2 x 2 inch squares.  Layered them up a bit and placed on my base card using some of our awesome foam tape.  Lastly to finish out the main motif I stamped on more smaller Fleur De Lis and layered over the top.  The background paper is from the new paper collection Bliss and it's so elegant...I love it and know you will to. Remember you can get all of these new products starting February 1st as the fresh idea book premieres.   





If you would like to pick up your Friendship stamp set for a discounted price or even free...feel free to check it out on my website http://www.lorileng.myctmh.com/ or email me lorileng@bellsouth.net for more information

Now it's time to hop on over to Shirly's Blog and see what stunning creation she has come up this month. 

This card also qualifies for the following challenges:

Soul Scrappers: Tag/ Card using the word HAND

10 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Great card! I really like how you broke up the image into four sections, and the background sheet music really completes the card.

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

that is so amazing

Tammy Lea Pinchard said...

Oh, LOVE IT Lori!

Tamytha said...

Love this technique! Awesome card!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Lori this is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet challenge - good luck! (I'm sure you meant to link to our challenge... it's ok - I've done the same thing more times than I should admit!)

Good luck with Spellbinders - I'm pulling for you!

Cheers,
Susan

Tanya said...

LOVE IT!!! You always do such great work!!

hugs GOOBER..

Tanya

Haley D. said...

Gorgeous card! I love seeing Friendship paired with Universal Backgrounds.

Jamie said...

This is beautiful, love the dimension and how you split up the stamp. Thanks so much for joining in our Beary Sweet Challenge, hope to see you again next time!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Krista Ritskes said...

wow, just stunning! Love the way you used the background stamp.

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Love the technique. Great card.