Monday, April 25, 2011

Hand Made Peony

This week at Just Rite Stampers the challenge is to incorporate handmade flowers into your project.  I'd gotten some new McGill punches that I couldn't wait to try out and this was the perfect challenge for me.  I took on the peony and though it took some time...Man was it worth it!!!! I love the finished flowers, just stunning.  The paper I used for this piece is the new Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden and I picked it up at Beary Scrap.  The sketch I used for this card is from Card Sketches.  I ended up giving this to my sister EE as we celebrated her birthday this weekend...I laughed when she asked if I actually won anything from the challenge did she get it...you have to understand I had just handed her a big bag of punches where she could make her own flowers...Silly girl!!!!

 I love the new Just Rite stamps...they are so detailed and they coordinate with Spellbinders so you know that wins my heart :)

See you soon and have a great week!!






This card qualifies for the following challenges:
JustRite : Handmade flowers
Card Patterns: Sketch
Shabby Tea Room: Butterflies
Simon Says : Embossing

20 comments:

Fiona said...

Gorgeous peony, Lori - I haven't tried this one yet!

Vicki Fraser said...

those flowers sure are stunning :)

Brodders said...

The flower is just amazingly beautiful x

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! What a beautiful card and your flowers are amazing.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Love the flowers and the colors :-) Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Marge said...

Have to agree -- those flowers are truly STUNNING!!!

Pattie said...

Absolutely gorgeous flowers! Love the design here too! So glad you could play along with us in The Tea Room this week!

Sheri said...

Those flowers look REAL! Great job with this card! Just beautiful!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lori!

craftieodmae said...

Looks so real, awesome job!!

Unknown said...

your card is gorgeous and the flower is out of this world...Did you have a tutorial? If so would you e-mail me the link and what punches you used? Thanks so much
jelanum@gmail.com

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Those flowers sure are stunning !!!
I just love evrything in here.
Hugs from Brazil
Cynthia

Vanessa said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous flowers! Lovely card!

~amy~ said...

Oh my...your handmade blooms are incredible! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Cyndie said...

Wow, absolutely fabulous card! Those peonies are gorgeous--they look so professional! The whole card design is perfect!

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Lori!!!

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, Lori .. that peony is GORGEOUS! WOWOWOW!! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Debbles Dabbles said...

Simply spectacular card Lori....wow!!

Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful flowers. I just love paper flowers. I will have to try this one. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com