Friday, December 4, 2009

A Christmas Wish Blog Hop


I'm thrilled to be able to participate in Michelle Perkett's first blog hop. She was so kind to provide this awesome digi called "Wishing Star Angel" and it's always so fun on blogs to see all the various ideas and creations that people come up with using the same core element. If you are in the middle of the hop you would have just come from Ellen's Blog and once you've viewed my blog, continue hopping on over to Jennifer's and see her beautiful card.



I'm amazed as I learn to use Copics how long it takes me to actually color a picture. This one took me quite a while, but I really loved the finished result. I also got my sewing machine out that I bought a year ago and really haven't even used yet so I was pleased with all the new things I tried on this card. I used random stamping on the green back ground paper...a technique I always love, you can just create any patterned paper you want with a little ink, paper and stamp. The button and a little waxy flax topped off the whole card and really pulled it all together.

The second part of the blog hop is to add what I would want my Christmas Wish to be.... My life is so blessed in so many ways. My supportive family, my boys, my friendship I share with my Mom and sister (Gini) , my career, the beautiful mountains that I live in and so much more...so saying all this it's hard to think of something else that the Lord could possibly bless me with, but if I could wish for one thing it would be for my two boys, to reach their full potential and use all the gifts that God has given them. Now this is very different for both of my boys. My youngest son is so full of energy and is a real little spitfire. He holds the world by the tail. My oldest son Will is disabled and though he may not run and jump like his little brother he can reach someone soul with his sweet smile and pure spirit. I hope that you are blessed enough in your life to be touched by someone as special as either of my two boys.



Finally I'm pleased to share all the other challenges that my card qualifies for and thank you so much for stopping by.

Everybody Art Challenge: Stitching


Stamp Scrap and Doodle Christmas Card

Cute Card Thursday/ Whirly Girly

Stamp with Fun Christmas Card

Stamp Something Glitz

AllSorts Challenge : Buttons

Kaboodle Doodles: Snowflakes

Creative Card Crew: Christmas

Pink Elephant: Color Something

Spoon Full of Sugar : Non traditional Christmas Colors

SophistiCat : Snowflakes and Sparkle

Pixie Cottage: Stitching

PollyCraft

41 comments:

Michelle said...

Lori, such a beautiful wish for your wonderful boys! What a lovely picture of you and your two sweethearts! I love your angel, Lori! What a gorgeous card! Her dress looks like satin! So beautiful! Thank you for a lovely and heartfelt entry, Lori!

Michelle:)

Crystal Smith said...

Nice coloring. She very pretty!

Crystal Smith said...

I just saw you leave in NC. Hello form middle of the state. ;-)

Karen said...

Gorjus card and lovely colours too. Adorable image !
Good luck with all the challenges.
Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats.
Love Karen x

Fotf said...

Hi Lori that is a lovely card and i love the colours and it sounds like you explored some unusual avenues in your creativeness. Merry Christmas :)

Nancy said...

Your card is stunning, Lori:O) Beautiful colours, gorgeous design.
Your sons are so cute:)
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card & such a stunning image

Thanks so much for taking part in my challenge & playing along with us at Sophisticats this week

Jan xx

Unknown said...

Will looks like such a happy boy, I know that you get lots of joy from him, his brother looks so full of energy too. love the outfits....Your card is brilliant and I wish you luck with your challenges, thank you so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

Jennifer Scull said...

such a beautiful job coloring this glorious angel! your wish is one I have always had for my boys, too. it is wonderful! I am sure that God has more amazing things in store for them than you can possibly comprehend! :) how fun to be the next stop in the hop after you! grins!

Unknown said...

You've done a fabulous job with the colouring - thanks for taking part in the Kaboodledoodle challenge.

Mona said...

really wonderful card.
Thanks for joining us at Stamp with fun this week.
Hugs Mona
swf-team

Anne said...

Lori your two boys are beautiful and so is your card, love the shading on the background

Maria Matter said...

what a beautiful photo and wish for your boys!!!

your card is so lovely, the 'glow' is spectacular!!!!

Blessings, Maria

debb said...

Opps my comment disappeared so if this is a double sorry - the first one was not finished! Your card is beautiful. I love love love the colors. I also love the wish for your boys and the wonderful picture you posted. And may I add - how modestly you talked about the stitching - it is fabulous!!! I love that stitch and thread color (metallic?) - you rock girl!!!!

Terri's Cards N More said...

What a beautiful card. Love the buttons. May your wish for your sons come true.

Rhonda Miller said...

Lori, what a beautiful card. I love the coloring. I hope your wish for your boys comes true.

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Stunning card! Just amazing. What a wonderful wish and as a mother I understand 100%!

Pattie G said...

Lori, this is so pretty and I love the way you colored your angel with copics. Your boys are very sweet and this is a wonderful photo of the three of you. You are a very special person.

hugs
Pattie

gina rahman said...

Wow.love the colours and the yellow backdrop on the angel image. Great wish, love your matching outfits in your picture

Barbara said...

Wow you did great on the coloring and your wish.

ileana said...

Wonderful card Lori! the coloring of the image is perfect, and the detail on the stitching is excellent. Beautiful wish, it will become true, you´ll see.... Hugs

Unknown said...

Lori Lori, You know I agree 100% with your wish. I love you and the boys so much! You are such a blessing. Your card totally rocks - She is so warm and just glows. Please remember that you glow too! You have such a warm and friendly personality and you bless everyone around you.
love,
EE

Danni said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Carlie M. said...

Love your card!!!!!! The buttons are such a nice touch!!!

Jean said...

Lori,Beautiful card. What a great wish and a beautiful family your boys a adorable
Hugs Jean

Sandra H. said...

Very, very pretty card Lori!! What a wonderful Christmas Wish for your boys!

Jana M. said...

Lori, your card is just stunning! I hope all your Christmas Wishes come true.

JayLynn said...

Such a beautiful card! I love those button and your colouring is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your wish with us and your beautiful photo.

Denise Black said...

Lori,
Great write up in Key Notes. I'm so proud of YOU! Great job, you deserve it and it is better than a golden cheeto!! Your picture with the boys is awesome. I hope your family has a wonderful Christmas! Hopefully we can all get together soon. We're going to be at Maggie Valley the last weekend in January. Would love to see you! Denise

blackdragon said...

Smashing card and smashing boys... thanks for joining us at sophisticats.
hugs lynx

scrapperjulia said...

Beautiful coloring, great card!

Brandi said...

Your card is amazing! I love the glow around the angel...

I do hope and pray that your wish will come true. Hugs ~ Brandi

Ali Dantre said...

Fabby! Thanks for joining us over at sophisticats this week.
Good Luck
Hugs
Lisa.x
DT/Owner

kris said...

Very lovely! great colors and awesome layout! Thank you for joining us at flutter by! hugs, Kris

Kimberly S said...

Very pretty card and wonderful coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Gorgeouss card :) thanks for joining Pollycraft this time,
hugs Ria

Tanya said...

Hey chicka.. I LOVE LOVE the pic of you and the boys!!! Sooo sweet!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love the colours you've used! And your stitching is neat! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage!

cr8iveme said...

Wonderful card.

What a wonderful wish.

{hugs}
Mary

Anne said...

A beatuiful card and your colouring looks fab!
Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Cute! Thanks for playing with the Pixies :)

Your picture is priceless, and your boys are absolutely beautiful :)

Cheers!
Kristen