Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wishing for Spring


Yes, we had snow and ice...AGAIN! I'm trying to look at the happy side of things, I get to stay in and craft, but I am really sick of all this winter weather! So for this card I used Flourishes Primrose stamp and thought of how much I adore spring and the budding of plants. I also entered this in Flourishes Anniversary Challenge " My favorite Flourishes Stamp" I colored and shaded the background paper of the stamp and really like how that turned out. The paper is from Close To My Heart "Magic Moments" and it's always been a great standby. I applied small pearls to the paper and colored all of them with my copics to give a pink hue. Finally foam tape (love that foam tape) was used to pop the images and a little more embellies and some ribbon really drew this card together. The sketch that I used was from Creative Inspirations blog challenge. Let me know what you think of my card...love to get some blog love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card! The colors are so pretty. Love the pearls in the middle of the bursts - adds great dimension.

maxine said...

Fantastic card

Mandy said...

Beautiful card, love the image and how you've added the pearls to the flower centres.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations
hugs Mandy xx

Silke Ledlow said...

Lori - your card is beautiful!!! Love how you colored the flower and added the pink color. Great details too!!!

Just to let you know in your write up this card was intended for Maki's challenge and you added it to mine...not sure if you intented to do so since you also added the pink color!!!

Regardless...I'm happy you came out to celebrate our Anniversary with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

Wow! this is so beautiful!! Your coloring job is fabulous! I love the pearls and metal embellishments. Great layout, too!!