Thursday, July 8, 2010

One of the things I found out about last year when I attended Close To My Heart's Leadership Conference is you make and take little treats for your roommates. It's so much fun to see what you can come up with and what everyone elses minds are creating.
This year I made these necklaces/Christmas ornaments/ scrapbook charms for all my roomies. What you say you don't understand? Well they actually are necklaces, but I figured if it's not their style they can hang it on the Christmas tree, don't put up a tree, then make it a charm on a scrapbook layout. How is that for versatile, LOL. I stamped the center flowers with the SMILES stamp set in sorbet ink. Added some sweet leaf ribbon and some background paper and sandwiched between two pieces of glass. Then I soldered the edges along with a jump ring to seal it all up.
For the presentation I cut some adorable little purses from my "Forever Young" Cricut cartridge and layer CTMH's Cherry-O paper on the outside. Honestly I think the little purses are as cute as the necklace.
I sure hope my roomies like the little trinkets...I was trying to be a bit different. Keep checking back as I have lots of post scheduled with Convention artwork.



3 comments:

Dot said...

Those little purses are adorable, Lori! And the necklaces are cool, too. Wishing I could have gone to Convention -- lots of cool stuff so far that I've seen on the Twitter updates.

Melissa said...

Wow! Beautiful Job!! How fun...

Gina said...

I LOVED my gift, roomie! Thank you!